We are excited you plan to join us as we celebrate our tenth year showcasing the agricultural, culinary and artistic pursuits of the District of Columbia and its residents.
In the guide you will find the rules and regulations for the 2019 contests. Our contests for kids and adults highlight the agricultural, artistic, culinary, and even athletic talents of the District of Columbia.
The 2019 Fair was hosted at DC Gateway at St. Elizabeth’s East at 2700 Martin Luther King Jr. Avenue SE, on September 8, 2019, from 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Please contact the Contests Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Click the image below to view the contest guide.
CONTEST ENTRIES FOR 2019 ARE CLOSED.
(*This list is tentative, stay tuned for updates)
Sign up by showing up! Unless otherwise noted, live contests are for people of all ages.
- Hula Hoop: Longest Hula Hooping and Most Creative Style
- Double Dutch
- Limbo: Under Five Feet Tall and Over Five Feet Tall
- Sloppy Joe Eating (Adults Only)
- Watermelon Seed-spitting: Kids Under 12, Teens 13-17 and Adults 18+
- Ice Cream Eating: Kids 5-8, Kids 9-12
- So You Think You Can Dance
- Whisker Wars (Adults Only): Best Mustache, Best ZZ Top Gnarly, The Lincoln (No ‘Stache!), Best Beard and ‘Stache Combo
- Tattoo (Adults Only): Best Sleeve, DC-Themed, Black and Gray, Color Creative
All pet contests are judged during the Pet Parade.
- Best Pet Costume
- Best Pet and Owner Costume
- Most Unidentifiable Mutt
- Owner/Pet Lookalike
- So Ugly… You’re Cute
- Longest Sit-Stay
- 50-Yard Dash
- Best Catcher (Frisbee)
- Best Fetcher (Tennis Ball)
- Best Stupid Pet Trick
- Largest Pet (Non-Dog)
- Smallest Pet (Non-Dog)
- Lonesome George (Non-Dog)