Art and craft vendors, food and drink sellers, government agencies, and nonprofit organizations are invited to rent space at the 2019 DC State Fair.
2019 Vendors and Exhibitors
The Green Line Vendor designation is only available for entities selling or providing food.*
- Come’Chop DC (Green Line Vendor)
- DC Slices (Green Line Vendor)
- Maui Wowi Hawaiian Smoothies
- NeatMeat (Green Line Vendor and Bronze sponsor)
- Reba’s Funnel Cakes
Food and Drink Vendors
- #DeepFriedWatermelon by Maryland ChickAn (Green Line Vendor)
- Ben’s Chili Bowl
- Black Acres Roastery (Green Line Vendor)
- Bun’d Up (Green Line Vendor)
- Harpeth Swill (Green Line Vendor)
- JustJuice Smoothies (Green Line Vendor)
- Peet’s (Silver sponsor)
- Ruby Scoops (Green Line Vendor and Bronze sponsor)
- Sisters’ Tea
- Soul Food Elements LLC (Green Line Vendor)
- Sweet Treats DMV (Green Line Vendor)
- Sweetdele’s Sweet Treats
- Tropical Cuisine Catering
- Yufka BakerY (Green Line Vendor)
- Wunder Garten (Green Line Vendor and Beer Garden sponsor)
Art, Craft, and Other Vendors
- …with love
- Anacostia Organics
- Bailiwick Clothing Company
- Boxology Art
- Carolyn Toye Photography
- Compost Crew
- DC Fire and EMS Department
- District Art and Crafts
- Don Rawzi Handcrafts
- Ethic Goods
- Free2Move (Silver sponsor)
- Imperfect Produce (Bronze sponsor)
- Lemon Art DC
- MGE Custom Prints
- National Cannabis Festival (Bronze sponsor)
- National Holistic Healing Center
- Peacesake L.L.C.
- Power Home Remodeling (Silver sponsor)
- POZE CANDLE CO.
- Relish Market LLC dba Pepperly Love (Green Line Vendor)
- Scout & Indiana LLC
- The Silk Road Trove – AsterBeLove
- Topgolf (Silver sponsor)
- United Healthcare (Silver sponsor)
- Urdu Seekhiye
Government Agencies and Nonprofit Organization Exhibitors
- All Souls Episcopal Church
- Anacostia Coordinating Council
- Arab American Institute
- Awesome Foundation DC
- Building Bridges Across The River
- Community College Prep Academy
- Community Mediation DC
- D.C. Board of Elections
- DC College Savings Plan
- DC Department of Insurance, Securities and Banking (DISB)
- DC Department of Public Works – Zero Waste DC
- DC Vote
- District Department of Energy & Environment (DOEE)
- District Department of Transportation (DDOT)
- For Love Of Children
- Friendship Tech Prep Greenhands (Green Line Vendor)
- Gearin’ Up Bicycles
- goDCgo team from the District Department of Transportation
- Grid Alternatives Mid-Atlantic
- Institute for Justice
- The Linner Foundation
- MedStar Washington Hospital Center
- National Building Museum
- PaintCare Inc. (Bronze sponsor)
- Rocketship Public Schools DC
- Scouts BSA Troop 248 for Girls
- Sierra Club DC Chapter
- Students for D.C. Statehood
- University of the District of Columbia, College of Agriculture, Urban Sustainability and Environmental Sciences (CAUSES)
- Washington Area Bicyclist Association
- The Washington, DC Statehood Office
*Note: the Green Line Vendor designation only reflects bulk packaging that vendors use in serving food, and does not address pre-packaged, sealed drinks (water or soda) that are provided by vendors. In the future, the Fair will try to address prepackaged food service ware and encourage vendors to move to better alternatives.
Become a Vendor for the 2019 Fair
The DC State Fair gives preference to vendors and exhibitors that are based in the District and, where applicable, sell handmade goods and/or provide local services. Particular interest is also paid to (a) vendors and exhibitors that celebrate local food, agriculture and art; (b) those operating out of Ward 8, as that is the location of this year’s Fair; and (c) as applicable, those willing to help us hold a more sustainable DC State Fair by going “above and beyond” the requirements of the District’s Food Service Ware regulations, including the ban on plastic straws and coffee stirrers, and the requirements of the Bag law.
Vendor & Exhibitor Interest Forms, available at the link for each category below, are due on Sunday, July 7, 2019. UPDATE: Although the official deadline has passed, we continue to accept applications on a rolling basis as space permits.
The following pricing structure will be used for all vendors and exhibitors. The prices in the chart for vendors (separate from exhibitors) do not include a tent, table, or chairs.
|Food Trucks (vendor interest form is here)||$400 per space (no electricity provided)|
|Food or Drink Vendors with Electrical Outlet (vendor interest form is here)||$350 for a 10′ x 10′ space with access to one 110-volt electrical outlet|
|Food or Drink Vendors without Electrical Outlet (vendor interest form is here)||$300 for a 10′ x 10′ space (no electricity provided)|
|Arts, Crafts or Other Vendors (vendor interest form is here)||$200 for a 10′ x 10′ space|
|Government Agencies (exhibitor interest form is here) or Nonprofit Organizations (exhibitor interest form is here)||$50 for half of a 10′ x 10′ tent (or a 10′ x 10′ space under the pavilion) with shared 8′ table and one chair|
For vendors (separate from nonprofit or government exhibitors):
- Vendors may obtain a 10′ x 10′ space under the fixed pavilion at Gateway DC (depending on availability) for an additional charge of $50.
- Vendors may also rent an 8′ table for an additional $10 charge and 2 chairs for an additional $5 charge (total). If a vendor is located outside the pavilion and wishes to rent a tent, the Fair will provide one for an additional $50 charge.
- Selection(s) for these items can be made in the appropriate vendor interest form.
Please contact the Vendor Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Help Us Hold a More Sustainable Fair by Becoming a Green Line Vendor or Exhibitor
The District of Columbia’s Food Service Ware law requires businesses and organizations providing food in single-use food service ware to use products that are recyclable or compostable. Exceptions to this rule include plastic utensils, condiment cups, sample cups and bags (although the “Bag Law” requires businesses that sell food or alcohol to charge 5 cents for every paper or plastic disposable bag). These plastic items create trash that must be disposed of in ways that can harm public health and the environment.
Because the 2019 DC State Fair will feature compost hauling services via Veteran Compost, we are asking all vendors and exhibitors to provide compostable utensils, condiment cups, sample cups, full-size cups, and/or to-go containers, where applicable. We are also encouraging vendors and exhibitors to refrain from providing plastic bags or plastic packaging to Fairgoers and offer straws (required to be compostable or reusable per DC regulations, except where plastic straws are requested for a reasonable accommodation under disability laws) only upon customer request. You can indicate your commitment to these practices through the appropriate Vendor or Exhibitor Interest Form found at the links above.
In return, we will highlight your commitment to sustainability.
- Your business or organization will be named a Green Line Vendor or Exhibitor in a prominent place on our webpage. This list will be posted soon after all vendors and exhibitors have been notified of their approval (scheduled for Saturday, July 20).
- At the Fair, your business or organization will receive a sign that designates you a Green Line Vendor or Exhibitor to show Fairgoers which businesses are engaging in more sustainable food service ware practices.
With your help, we can reduce the amount of trash generated at the DC State Fair and hold a more sustainable event for our environment and our community.