The DC State Fair is a free showcase of the region’s agricultural and artistic talents. It is open to the public (although you must be a District resident to compete in our contests). The tenth annual celebration will take place Sunday, September 8, 2019 from 11 am to 7 pm.
Plan ahead: Pack a reusable water bottle to stay hydrated throughout the day’s events! (Glass not allowed; metal or plastic is fine.) Attendees should also consider bringing a reusable shopping bag to bring home all the treasures they pick up at the fair. Help the fair to be more sustainable!
The 2019 DC State Fair will be held at a new location at Gateway DC, an innovative and unique state-of-the-art park and pavilion in the heart of St. Elizabeth’s East Campus.
Safety is our number one priority. All attendees are subject to search.
Prohibited items include:
- No glass containers or glass water bottles
- Backpacks and large bags over 14″x14″
- Large flags and banners (except vendors)
- Poles and staffs (metal, plastic or wooden)
- Weapons of any kind
- Laser pointers
- No coolers or containers of any size
- Missile/projectile like objects
- No Frisbees or inflated balls of any kind
- Whistles, air horns of any kind
- Confetti and streamers