The 2014 DC State Fair contests are now open! Read on for more information and a list of contests with links to entry forms. Each entry form includes exhibitor guidelines and deadlines. The last day to enter most contests is 11:59 PM ET on Monday, September 17.
Best of luck to all exhibitors and we’ll see you at the Fair on September 20 at the Old City Farm and Guild!
Please contact Christine Perez at email@example.com with questions on any of our contests.
Click on each contest title for more information and an online entry form. Deadlines listed are by midnight unless otherwise noted. Sign up for our newsletter to receive updates about these competitions and other DC State Fair news.
- Photography Contest Entry Deadline September 17
- Kids’ Art Contest No Entry Deadline
- Kids’ Poetry Contest Entry Deadline September 17
- Honey Contest No Entry Deadline
Pie Contest, Sponsored by Whole Foods Market Tenley and Whole Foods Market P Street
- Pie Contest (best overall, best crust, best apple pie, and best savory) Entry Deadline September 15
- Ice Cream Contest Entry Deadline September 17
- Mason Jar Flower Arrangements No Entry Deadline
- Sewing Contest No Entry Deadline
- Knit and Crochet Contest No Entry Deadline
- Hats for Newborns No Entry Deadline
Vegetables and Fruits
- Funkiest-Looking Vegetable Contest No Entry Deadline
- Longest Vegetable Contest No Entry Deadline
- Heaviest Vegetable Contest No Entry Deadline
- Heaviest Fruit Contest No Entry Deadline
- Pickled Foods Contest Entry Deadline September 17 (best overall plus best cucumber, other vegetable and fruit pickle). Sponsored by Whole Foods Market Tenley and Whole Foods Market P Street
- Jam & Jelly Contest Entry Deadline September 17
- Fermented Vegetable Contest (sauerkraut, kimchi, etc.) Entry Deadline September 15
What are the prizes?
Each first, second, and third place winner will receive ribbons and the opportunity to showcase your items and recipes at DC State Fair events throughout the year. Some contests may have additional small prizes.
Can I sponsor a contest?
We welcome businesses and organizations to sponsor contests. Fair vendor spots are also available. Interested? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stay tuned for information this fall on our very popular Homebrew Contest! It’s such a hit that we’ve decided to operate it as a separate special event. Stay updated by subscribing to our newsletter and following us on Twitter and Facebook.