Bits of Thread Sewing Studio, DC Threads, and the DC State Fair
The City’s Most Fabulous Apron Contest
Bits of Thread Sewing Studio, DC Threads, and DC State Fair are delighted to be hosting our first-ever DC apron-making contest! The first place winner will receive a $100 gift certificate from Bits of Thread Sewing Studio, plus bragging rights for creating the most amazing apron in the entire city.
But only if you submit your Sewing Contest entry form and drop off your apron (up to 5 separate entries allowed) to Bits of Thread (1794 Columbia Rd NW, Suite 6, Washington DC 20009) by 1 PM on Saturday, September 15!
The apron must be made from scratch (no altering or submitting store-bought aprons), but you may use any commercial sewing pattern or develop one of your own. Fabric can be new material or can be repurposed from old clothes, sheets, curtains, or whatever catches your eye. The style, number of pockets, size, and other details are completely up to you.
To enter the contest, you must submit your entry form and then deliver the apron plus a brief written statement (typed please!) on your inspiration, fabric choice, and anything else you think we should know about 1 PM on Saturday, September 15, to the Bits of Thread Sewing Studio (1794 Columbia Rd NW, Suite 6, Washington DC 20009).
Top entries will be displayed at DC State Fair at Barracks Row Fall Festival on Saturday, September 22.
A panel of crafty judges will choose first, second, and third place winners based on the following criteria:
- Overall creativity of design
- Innovative use of color, fabric, or materials
- Quality of construction
- Technical prowess
- Wearability and functionality
Judges will select a first, second, and third place winner.
- The first place winner will receive a $100 gift certificate to Bits of Thread, and the second and third place winners will receive $75 and $50 certificates, respectively.
- Winners will be featured on the Bits of Thread and DC Threads websites, and will be tweeted, Facebooked, and blogged about citywide!